search with google

Monday, January 10, 2011

the past simple tense


We Use the past simple to talk about activities which take place at a specified time in the past.
We can use several tenses to talk about the past, but the simple past is commonly used.

Form:
Regular verbs end in (ed)
     play---played
     visit---visited

Irregular verbs have various forms and each verb needs to be learned
     cut - cut
     see - saw
     think - thought
     go - went

Examples:
yesterday i visited my friend
last week ,we played football

negative:
i didnot visit my friend yesterday
we didnot play football last week

Questions:did you visit your friend yesterday?
answer:
yes i visited my friend yesterday
no i did not visit my friend yesterday

keywords:
yesterday-ago -last -

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love reading your blog, the articles posted by you are highly informative and useful. I admire you for your efforts. Keep writing and updating us with your knowledge.
    English Practice App | English Learning App

    ReplyDelete